HD Quiz

HD Quiz is a very easy to use plugin to create an unlimited amount of quizzes and embed them onto any page or post. HD Quiz is equally perfect for building strong professional based questionnaires or fun Buzzfeed style quizzes.

See a live demo

FEATURES INCLUDE:

• Unlimited amount of quizzes
  • Each quiz has individual options
  • Mobile friendly (responsive design)
  • Touch-friendly (each option is coded and designed to make it easy to select on touch devices)
  • Each question can have its own featured image
  • Each question can have its own tooltip
  • Share Quiz score across Facebook and Twitter
  • NEW: You can now use images as answers
    • Recommended size of 400×400, but the plugin will upscale any image too small
  • Animated gifs as question featured image, or for any answer
  • Quiz Timer – set a time limit to complete the quiz
  • Pagination
  • Question as title / heading
  • Ability to rename the Next and Finish buttons (found in the HD Quiz About / Options page)
  • Add links to quiz results!
  • Ability to add a small writeup for each question that would be displayed underneath the question on quiz completion.
  • [NEW!] Grab from a pool of questions

Please note that as always, new features are marked as experimental – so please let me know if you need any help in getting them to work!

INDIVIDUAL QUIZ OPTIONS ARE:

• Results position (above quiz/below quiz)
  • Ability to share quiz results
  • Results checking (highlights right and wrong answers on quiz completion)
    • Option to highlight what the correct answer was
  • Pass percentage
  • Quiz Pass text
  • Quiz Fail text
  • Quiz Timer
  • Pagination
  • Random question order
  • Random answer order

Leave a comment or question

NOTE: This forum is using my new in-development plugin HDComments. Please let me know if you have any issues with this new system.

There are 543 comments

Hi Dylan
What an amazing plugin. I am surely installing it but i have a question. Can I add ads in between questions so that it helps me generate some revenue through adsense?? Please reply Dylan

February 22, 2019 ~Izhar Roghani

The plug-in works very well! Thanks for your efforts.

1 – Is there a way to allow the results to include the percentage only and not the more cryptic 0/0 (which I find is hard for people to understand) or to allow customization to say “X correct out of X questions”.

2 – Is there a way to allow more than just two categories for results instead of just “pass / fail” It would be nice to allow us to create messages for groups withing a certain range of scores.

February 21, 2019 ~Ken Hudspeth

Thanks for the prompt response.

February 21, 2019 ~Ken Hudspeth

Its working now,.

February 20, 2019 ~Hikoon

Hello, this is an awesome plugin, and thank you for making it, but i have problems getting the social sharing to show up, i use the sociallyviral theme. I have tried to disable all plugins also tried another theme, but still doesn’t work, hopefully there is a fix to this. https://viraldelivery.com/2… Here you can test it yourself.

February 20, 2019 ~Hikoon

Hey There, cool Plug In. But is there a possibility to define multiple right answers instead of just one? If I simply try to define more the one right answer the other right answers are defined as fault. Thanks for any help !

February 20, 2019 ~felixbastam

Quiz Timer not working.

February 19, 2019 ~CA. Harshita Raichandani

Thanks for quick reply.
      version, 1.6.0 (released January 26th)
      Timer- 300sec = 5min
      link of test?

February 19, 2019 ~CA. Harshita Raichandani
          [HDquiz quiz = "305"]
          February 19, 2019 ~CA. Harshita Raichandani

Economics Test- 01

February 19, 2019 ~CA. Harshita Raichandani

Thanks. It working now.
          Suggestion – Timer should be on TOP middle to create pressure like exam.

February 21, 2019 ~CA. Harshita Raichandani

Hi. I am using your Quiz plug in but it is not showing any result after completing the quiz. I’ve double checked all the settings and everything looks fine. Can you check it please? https://www.learnenglishtea…

February 16, 2019 ~Keen Kisu

Hey Dylan.

First thing is, I really appreciated your support. I admire people like you. Between all your personal stuff, you took some time and checked my problem. Thanks for that!!

Your plug-in is great. It is sad to hear my old boy can’t use it.

I am going to check some other options then. and will come back in future for my possible next website for sure.

Best,

Keen.

February 17, 2019 ~Keen Kisu

Apparently, scrolling is still an issue for me, https://www.kafekepo.com/ay… , site doesn’t scroll properly to the results correctly, anybody can help me pls? Thanks.

February 16, 2019 ~Mohammad Yusuf

Hi Dylan,
      Very much appreciate your quick reply to help me! May I have further clue on how to do it in wordpress platform, please?. I am kind of newbie on this. I will do my best. I did backup and searched relevant files via editor theme in dashboard menu to edit. No luck so far.

February 16, 2019 ~Mohammad Yusuf

Hello Dylan….:-) Yes, It works !! I love it!. Thank you so much for your great work, as always! Just did your advise exactly, clear cache, tried pages, and HD Quiz, and voila…the site scroll up to show the results, perfect!

February 16, 2019 ~Mohammad Yusuf

Thanks, I have just submitted review for your great works!
          Next development I can think is about statistic result, how many times quiz been played, and other general statistic data collection/tools, it may make a new experience for user. Once again, thank you for your kind help!

February 16, 2019 ~Mohammad Yusuf

when showing results, site not scrolling to the correct position, how to fix it please? Thanks

February 15, 2019 ~Mohammad Yusuf

It is done, have traced back previous discussion. thanks, great job!

February 15, 2019 ~Mohammad Yusuf

Hello
What a nice plugin. I have a question that is there a way to assign the test to only related students and not all, I mean any restriction method?

February 13, 2019 ~Izhar Roghani

Can I develop a quiz where each question has five options A,B,C,D,E, and at the end the scores of A’s,B’s etc. would be given as a tot. A -23, B15 etc.
Excellent plugin.

February 11, 2019 ~Tom Farrell

Kindly include a video feature, so that one may link vids of short duration from You tube and may ask questions based on the vid.

February 11, 2019 ~Radhakrishnan Madukanil

Hello Dylan,
I am using the HD Quiz plugin. But i want some extra improvements and i am willing to pay for it. If you want, can you write me to macerron@gmail.com, so i can write you the features i want. Thank you.

February 10, 2019 ~Onur AYDIN

Hi Dylan – Thank you for your amazingly swift reply! Just to put you in the know, I am actually Georgia, a friend of Martin’s who’s been tasked with building his membership site and all the wonderfulness that comes with it ;-s I’m not particularly tech-savvy and the site’s not brilliant, but it’s functional for what we’re aiming for: https://mrhonline.co.uk – get in touch via the site if you’re interested in seeing behind the membership wall.

What we want to do is have simple quizzes in each section that show the correct answer and why it’s correct. But because we’ve chosen Thrive Themes, there’s not much coding involved, just block placing and there’s a block that allows you to place code but it’s not suited to shortcodes by the look of it. I can get right into the code of each page but wouldn’t know what string I was looking for. I will drop Thrive a line and see if they can help.

We don’t have other quiz plugins active right now but I am tempted to try Thrive’s own quiz builder although I don’t think it will give me the option to explain why an answer is right / wrong. Like I said: I’m keen to use HD Quiz as I think it’s much more ‘us’. Cheers – Georgia

February 5, 2019 ~Martin

Hi – I think this quiz looks PERFECT for what I want to do with my educational website – and I’m more than happy to support any developer that not only produces such great plugins, but has such enthusiasm for them! My problem is that I’m using Thrive Themes to build my website pages in WP and can’t get the shortcode to work. I think what I need it some sort of ‘long code’ 😀

February 4, 2019 ~Martin

And please keep it free ❤

February 4, 2019 ~Michael Amir

This is really an awesome plugin but only if you add the ability to collect name and score or specific data in general for quizzes it would be amazing

another question how do i customize a font for my quizzes other than that of my theme ?

February 4, 2019 ~Michael Amir

Like the new look, especially backend.
I have a question concerning the results page. In the old version there was the percentage showing (how much percent the person achieved). Is that no longer possible or is it a setting in the backend? Couldn’t find it…

January 31, 2019 ~kemai

Thank you! We’re using your plugin for a client, and they used the percent indicator. We updated all their plugins last week (after over a year) and this is how we came across the issue. It would also be great to have this separate from the number indicator (for example 1/3).

January 31, 2019 ~kemai

add certificate generation

January 30, 2019 ~ekansh

Hi.. Thank you for this great plugin.

I want to create practice quiz for my students where questions appear one by one and students will get answer/hints/solution immediately after he submit the answer of the question.

Kindly guide, is there any setting for this kind of functionality.

January 28, 2019 ~Amit

In the first place I am grateful to you fo this work. I have been using it for several years and created thousands of questions using it. Secondly, after the last update, The site will NOT automatically scroll to the position of the results when the test is completed.

January 27, 2019 ~bebekce gen tr
      January 27, 2019 ~bebekce gen tr

Will deleting the plugin also delete the quizzes and questions? There are thousands of them. Is it not risky?

January 27, 2019 ~bebekce gen tr

I have done as you told. Nothing seems lost fortunately; the problem exists though.

January 27, 2019 ~bebekce gen tr

Is it possible to roll back to the older version?

January 28, 2019 ~bebekce gen tr

Perfect! It is incredible that you are able to deal with so many details. Thank you very much indeed. Will I have to make this change after each update?

January 28, 2019 ~bebekce gen tr

Thank you. This is so much help. Are you thinking of making “fill in the gaps” quizzes? I searched the WP plugins but could find none except one which destroyed my whole site 🙂

January 28, 2019 ~bebekce gen tr

Hello,
I’d like to create a quiz where at the end of the quiz, the action the
quiz-taker needs to fulfil is to signup as member. Am I able to insert
my own signup form? I use Ninja Forms.

Please see this flowchart for my questions: https://drive.google.com/op…
Also, please see these mockups and let me know if it’s possible with your plugin: https://imgur.com/a/nOOlvxD

Thank you and I look very much forward to hearing from you.

January 21, 2019 ~celebrian88

Is thsi possible to chk correct answer after submit each question

January 17, 2019 ~aswini ravella

Hiii I want one more feature in this plugin is , need to give explenation with right answer below of the each question (like when user click on show answer it schould be display with explenation ) please make that feature .

January 17, 2019 ~aswini ravella

I would like to appear text only one time i.e like chl below screen shot.

Is there any p https://uploads.disquscdn.c… ossibility?

January 17, 2019 ~aswini ravella

Hi I’ve just downloaded and made my first quiz. Can you help as I’ve gone through what I thought were the right steps. However in my preview of my post there is only the Finish button showing. None of the questions even though when I click my quizzes, they are there.

December 29, 2018 ~Mainy - @myrealfairy

Hi there, I’ve created a quiz, added questions as described and added the shortcode. I’ve just upgraded to the new wordpress and everything else on my site is displaying properly. I’ve havent had a quiz widget before so have nothing to compare it to. I’m going to start again and give it another go now as its morning and see where i get. I’m attaching a screen shot of my preview post screen so you see what I’m getting instead of the whole quiz to see if that helps you. Thanks https://uploads.disquscdn.c…

December 30, 2018 ~Mainy - @myrealfairy

I’ve now sorted it thanks, I wasn’t pressing ‘publish’ after each question, just ‘save’. It’s on now and great. Next step, adding pictures 🙂

December 30, 2018 ~Mainy - @myrealfairy

For some users Submit button not showing. What Can I do?

December 16, 2018 ~Anila Vijayan

Hello- I am new to this and have created six three-question quizzes in WP. I know people are taking the quizzes but I cannot find out who and how they are scoring. When I click in the analytics icon, it does not show results. How do I access this information? Thanks!

November 28, 2018 ~Steve Cerny

Loving your HD Quiz plugin and I’m very grateful for it. Is there a way to customize the Results page? I’d like to add a call to action. Again, thanks for all your work.

November 21, 2018 ~Bill Giovannetti

Is it possible to have bulk upload quiz in the plugin via csv. I am using other quiz plugin(WatuPro) as of now and would like to try this plugin going forward. How can i easily move to HD Quiz plgin from my existing plugin.

November 12, 2018 ~Vivek Goel

We are using about 16 quizzes on our website for a couple of years without any problems. But since the last update, we got complaints from our customers that the quizzes are not working anymore. I don’t know what to do to fix this, I really don’t want to recreate all those quizzes! Not happy!

November 3, 2018 ~Miriam

Most of the issues, I solved myself already, the only real problem is still on the following page: https://www.fitdogprogram.c…. Question 2 and 3 are picture-based questions. On the WordPress back side, this looks okay, but the pictures don’t display on the live page.
      Edit: this holds for question 2. In question 3, the pictures have also disappeared at the WP back-side :-(.

November 3, 2018 ~Miriam

Tried this with question 2, with all 4 pictures. Does not solve the issue unfortunately. The first picture is for instance 993×1024 (142KB).
          For question 3, I don’t remember anymore which pictures I used out of our big library…. And those have disappeared from the WP back-end, so I cannot check this anymore.

November 3, 2018 ~Miriam

We are using WP 4.9.8.
          We use a technical administrator for our website, he takes care of all technical stuff and updating everything. We are content-people, not technical people. I will discuss with our technical administrator whether he can help out here.

November 3, 2018 ~Miriam