HD Quiz

HD Quiz is a very easy to use plugin to create an unlimited amount of quizzes and embed them onto any page or post. HD Quiz is equally perfect for building strong professional based questionnaires or fun Buzzfeed style quizzes.

See a live demo

FEATURES INCLUDE:

• Unlimited amount of quizzes
  • Each quiz has individual options
  • Mobile friendly (responsive design)
  • Touch-friendly (each option is coded and designed to make it easy to select on touch devices)
  • Each question can have its own featured image
  • Each question can have its own tooltip
  • Share Quiz score across Facebook and Twitter
  • NEW: You can now use images as answers
    • Recommended size of 400×400, but the plugin will upscale any image too small
  • Animated gifs as question featured image, or for any answer
  • Quiz Timer – set a time limit to complete the quiz
  • Pagination
  • Question as title / heading
  • Ability to rename the Next and Finish buttons (found in the HD Quiz About / Options page)
  • Add links to quiz results!
  • Ability to add a small writeup for each question that would be displayed underneath the question on quiz completion.
  • [NEW!] Grab from a pool of questions

Please note that as always, new features are marked as experimental – so please let me know if you need any help in getting them to work!

INDIVIDUAL QUIZ OPTIONS ARE:

• Results position (above quiz/below quiz)
  • Ability to share quiz results
  • Results checking (highlights right and wrong answers on quiz completion)
    • Option to highlight what the correct answer was
  • Pass percentage
  • Quiz Pass text
  • Quiz Fail text
  • Quiz Timer
  • Pagination
  • Random question order
  • Random answer order

Leave a comment or question

NOTE: This forum is using my new in-development plugin HDComments. Please let me know if you have any issues with this new system.

There are 543 comments

Hey Harmonic – good work, your plug in offers just what we need. Question about customizing results page – any options on the correct answer indicator – some were confused with just a green line below the answer because the incorrect answer still shows the radio button selected and in green. Can this be augmented, enlarged or maybe add an X or check-mark next to correct answer? Is this something you can customize for us? Thanks.

July 22, 2016 ~Peter Feldman
▲ ▼

Hi Dylan, we’re just in testing right now and won’t be rolling out the quizzes for a few weeks – also updating theme, so css will change.
      Now that I know it is possible I’ll get approval to use your plug-in from my client and also ask them to make a contribution for the custom work. Thanks!

July 22, 2016 ~Peter Feldman
      ▲ ▼

Hi Dylan, we are now working on building our new site and would like your help with some custom CSS – are you available this week? Is this the best place to provide direction on what we want do change or do you have an email I should send to? Please contact me at peter@etainia.com – I hope to have instructions ready tomorrow and styling on the new site ready by Wednesday.

October 10, 2016 ~Peter Feldman

Hi Dylan,
      I like your Quiz plugin HD Quiz. But like Peter was telling, I want to have some better indicators for correct and wrong answers. Something like, Text changing colour and tick or Cross mark coming depending on the option selected. Could you please help me

Sivaprasad K.S.

December 4, 2016 ~eTutorialWorld
      ▲ ▼

hello and thank you for the great plugin. Very usefull! But i have a question. how can i collect the results from the users? for example i want to know who scored perfect and know his/hers time and some personal info (email or facebook/twitter acount). thank you!

July 7, 2016 ~kir1akos
▲ ▼

Hi, awesome plugin! But I got a huge problem with the result page – it opens up in a new browser window, without CSS, it just looks dirty. I’d like it to look just like your demo quiz (results appearing on the top of the quiz).
How can I do it?
Here is a link to the problem page:

June 16, 2016 ~Sandra Koryszewska
▲ ▼

Thank you for that nice plugin, great job. It is really easy to learn and running smoothly! I have got a question concerning the logic of the question and answers. As far as I can see, it is not possible to insert a photo into the correct answer, is it? Say, I would have a multiple choice text question with 4 possible answers (and no photos at all). If the user clicks the right one I would love to say something like “Great”, together with a nice picture of the answer item – nearly as you have already inserted it for the wrong answerI Is there any possibility to insert that into further updates?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

June 1, 2016 ~Hase

Hi Dylan,

thank your for your superquick and kind reply! Actually i have already guessed that this would be a lot of work for you – but was hoping for lots of fans to having you asked the same before and you considering to implement this … 😉

Sorry for my not understanding but I don’t really get your idea of what you mean by “image to that section”? Where would that image appear?

Just to explain what I had in mind with my question: Given that questions with images are always nicer than ones without … If I have a text question (“Which animal is the biggest?”) with text answers (Elephant, Mouse, Dog, Whale), I wouldn’t take one of those answers as the one and only picture for the post because whichever of the four possible I would take – it would influence the user’s answer. If I choose the “Image Answers” option instead I need at least four images which I have to find, to edit, to name with source etc. and to load up. Having an image together with the right answer seems to be a nice compromise to me: I only have to have one image and the user will get a nice “gratification” for his efforts.

May I ask you another question? To completely localize your quiz for other languages it would be very useful to have the possibility to translate the score response “You Scored … or …%”, too. That may be a wish of almost everbody who uses HD quiz outside the English-speaking market.:-)

Sorry for my long reply, dear Dylan, and best wishes
      Hase

June 2, 2016 ~Hase

Hi again, Dylan,
          ah, okay. That function has already come to me with my theme, obviously. I had no difficulties to insert an image for each question right from the beginning. 🙂

June 6, 2016 ~Hase

Dear Dylan,
          Thank you for replying again and get this clear. Yes, I had already found that section and tried to insert an image – that was running perfectly. It’s very nice and very near to the opportunity I would love to have for the text that appears if the answer was right. 😉

June 6, 2016 ~Hase
          ▲ ▼

Did I can drag and drop the questions to change our range?

May 23, 2016 ~svasil

Thanks! It works!!!

May 23, 2016 ~svasil
      ▲ ▼

Hi sir, you have a great plugin! Just wondering if it’s possible to change the range of the questions? And put the questions in groups? (Geography, History etc…)
Thanks
Stavros

May 22, 2016 ~svasil
▲ ▼

Great plugin…how does one change the font size for the questions?

May 6, 2016 ~Gavin Watts
▲ ▼

Thanks Dylan this will solve a headache for me…If ever you find yourself in Cape Town contact me and we will have a beer….

May 6, 2016 ~Gavin Watts
      ▲ ▼

How do I change the background color of the quiz passed text and the quiz failed test? It’s randomly two different colors within the same box.

April 22, 2016 ~Teena Barnett

Thank you!

April 22, 2016 ~Teena Barnett
      ▲ ▼

Hi! I’m looking to use a quiz to quickly capture information from a potential customer. This would include their specific answers to the quiz questions itself. Is it possible to receive all of the information inputted into our webpage through this application? Thank you!

April 14, 2016 ~Rachel Kaisler
▲ ▼

Great plugin guys, love it! I need help with Tips. How can I add tip/hint to each question?

April 13, 2016 ~nikos583
▲ ▼

Thank you very much for the quick reply!

April 13, 2016 ~nikos583
      ▲ ▼

I love this plugin so much and I would actually love to have an import and export questions into quizzes feature. This will make it perfect and recommend it for schools in my local area. I will really appreciate your response

March 22, 2016 ~ADEWALE .ADEYEMI
▲ ▼

Hello, Dylan, I like Your plugin HD Quiz very much and I would like to ask how to count , sum results from multiple quizes? Thank You

March 16, 2016 ~Ksistof Jusel
▲ ▼

I have a suggestion for HD quiz. Would it be possible to update it so that you could give questions half credit? I know that would work better for my blogs quizzes. I’m sure others would appreciate the option as well.

March 7, 2016 ~CheyCoose
▲ ▼

I am getting two start buttons when I use wordpress pagination. How do I get rid of the one? Here is a link to the problem page. http://b4therapture.com/blo…

February 29, 2016 ~John D
▲ ▼

Hello iam unable to access more options on the quize settings like how to set the timer etc i didn’t get to see the option there. also ther is no fill in the blank question. am i looking at the wrong places?

February 23, 2016 ~Austine
▲ ▼

hi i really need you help. i was wondering why i cant see the quiz on a mobile? i tried it using the apple stimulator and the only thing that didnt work was the quiz. i extremely like your plugin and would love to use it but can you please help me with this problem.

February 21, 2016 ~239u4-8
▲ ▼

actually my site isn’t live yet. do you know any other way you could possibly help me?

February 25, 2016 ~239u4-8
      ▲ ▼

Hi, great plugin! Just wondering if it’s possible to find out how many people took your quiz or what their answers/total score were. Thanks in advance!

February 12, 2016 ~Shoplet
▲ ▼

Hallo i have added a few questions but when i want to preview, there is nothing showing, please assist

February 4, 2016 ~Sammie
▲ ▼

i have tried but nothing can i give you my wp details u see what could be the issue?

February 4, 2016 ~Sammie
      ▲ ▼

Hello. Thks for great plugin. My problem is when ı finish exam there is a featured ımage. how can ı change that.

January 26, 2016 ~Egitimilk Kaliteli Egitim
▲ ▼

I installed this Plugin, which looks great, but the answers to the quizzes are so light they’re barely readable (even when I scroll over them). Is there a way to change the font/background/etc? I don’t see that option anywhere. Also, the name of the quiz isn’t appearing on my site (it start immediately with question #1). I’m running WordPress 4.4.1. Thank you!

January 14, 2016 ~Sarah Schauerte
▲ ▼

Thanks, that’s really nice of you! Really appreciated.

January 14, 2016 ~Sarah Schauerte
      ▲ ▼

Your plugin rocks …..maybe just add a hook to mycred to award points to taking the quiz

January 8, 2016 ~m4dgaming
▲ ▼

Hi, I wonder if I can use HD quiz for a personality-type of quiz. In that case there will be no right or wrong answers, just ”mostly A=…” etc.
Karin The Netherlands

January 5, 2016 ~Karin Persons
▲ ▼

Hola, gurda los resultados? no pude encontrarlos

December 19, 2015 ~Gea Suarez Bing
▲ ▼

Hi, I would like users to be able to answer with a text answer rather than multiple choice. Is this possible?

December 14, 2015 ~Yes Agency

Hi,

I am getting these errors on the once we finish the quiz and the results are displayed.

Notice: Use of undefined constant quQuizPaged – assumed ‘quQuizPaged’ in C:xampphtdocsxamppwordpress-4.4wordpresswp-contentpluginshd-quizresult.php on line 8

Notice: Use of undefined constant quPassPercent – assumed ‘quPassPercent’ in C:xampphtdocsxamppwordpress-4.4wordpresswp-contentpluginshd-quizresult.php on line 10

Notice: Use of undefined constant quQuizFb – assumed ‘quQuizFb’ in C:xampphtdocsxamppwordpress-4.4wordpresswp-contentpluginshd-quizresult.php on line 11

Notice: Use of undefined constant maxValue – assumed ‘maxValue’ in C:xampphtdocsxamppwordpress-4.4wordpresswp-contentpluginshd-quizresult.php on line 12

Notice: Use of undefined constant currentScore – assumed ‘currentScore’ in C:xampphtdocsxamppwordpress-4.4wordpresswp-contentpluginshd-quizresult.php on line 13

and more from result.php…

December 10, 2015 ~Sarmad Asif

brother edit the code .

March 25, 2016 ~Muhammad Kazim
    ▲ ▼

Do you know when this feature might be available?

• Add ability to add a small writeup for each question that would be displayed underneath the question on quiz completion.

December 7, 2015 ~Julie May
▲ ▼

Hello, i’m trying to add a image as an answer but I just can’t. I just click at the image saying 400×400 and it just doesn’t open any window for me to select the image. Please, help.

December 6, 2015 ~joao lucas
▲ ▼

Hello, your quiz maker looks excellent. how can I use my quizz to collect email addresses or Facebook followers?

December 1, 2015 ~Chartreuse
▲ ▼

This would be awesome. Did it ever happen? I’m using HD Quiz and loving it. I’m very grateful for your work.

November 21, 2018 ~Bill Giovannetti
      ▲ ▼

Hello. I am a real newbie as you will see from my question. I have made a quiz but when I paste the code into a page all I see is a “Finish’ button. What am I doing wrong?

November 30, 2015 ~Wendy Mayes
▲ ▼

Is there a way to customize the results page? I do an mental health quiz. I don’t think “congratulations! You passed.” is the best response to having a problem. I would also like to add a hyperlink the results page too. Thanks for the great plugin.

November 20, 2015 ~Mike