HD Quiz | The Ultimate WordPress Quiz Plugin
HD Quiz is a very easy to use plugin to create an unlimited amount of quizzes or questionnaires and embed them onto any page or post. The plugin is equally perfect for building strong professional based questionnaires or fun Buzzfeed style quizzes.
See A Live Demo Here
- Unlimited amount of quizzes
- Each quiz has individual options
- Mobile friendly (responsive design)
- Touch friendly (each option is coded and designed to make it easy to select on touch devices)
- Each question can have its own featured image
- Each question can have its own tooltip
- Share Quiz score across Facebook and Twitter
- NEW: You can now use images as answers
- Recommended size of 400×400, but the plugin will upscale any image too small
- Animated gifs as question featured image, or for any answer
- Quiz Timer – set a time limit to complete the quiz
- Question as title / heading
- Ability to rename the Next and Finish buttons (found in the HD Quiz About / Options page)
- NEW: Add links to quiz results!
- NEW: Ability to add a small write-up for each question that would be displayed underneath the question on quiz completion (only if user gets the question wrong!).
Please note that as always, new features are marked as experimental – so please let me know if you need any help in getting them to work!
Individual Quiz Options are:
- Results position (above quiz/below quiz)
- Ability to share quiz results
- Results checking (highlights right and wrong answers on quiz completion)
- NEW: Option to highlight what the correct answer was
- Pass percentage
- Quiz Pass text
- Quiz Fail text
- Quiz Timer
- NEW: Random question order
- NEW: Random answer order
How To Use
Adding A New Quiz
- Select Quizzes in the left menu.
- Enter the name of the quiz, then click on Add A New Quiz. This will add it to the list on the right.
- Click the name of the newly added quiz to set the quiz options such as the needed pass percentage.
Adding New Questions
- Select Add New Question in the left menu.
- Enter the question as the title.
- You can have up to ten (10) answers per question. Make sure to select which answer is the correct one.
- In the right sidebar, you will see a metabox called Quizzes with a list of all quizzes you have created. Select the quiz that this question belongs to.
Using A Quiz
- HD Quiz uses shortcodes to render a quiz, so you can place a quiz almost anywhere on your site!
- To find the shortcode for a quiz, select Quizzes in the left menu.
- You will now see a list of all of your quizzes in a table, with the shortcode listed.
- Copy and paste the shortcode into any page or post you want to render that quiz!
View on WordPress.org
HD Quiz 1.4.1
- various bug fixes and compatibility increases
- the word ‘question’ (that’s prefixed before every question) is now translatable in the HD Quiz options page along with ‘Next’ and ‘Finish’.
- More power over the quiz results pass/fail text. You can now embolden, italicize, and linkify the text.
- Each question can have a small write up explaining what the right answer is. This would only show if entered and if the user gets the question wrong. You can also add links to this sections if you wish.
HD Quiz 1.4.0
- Added in the more powerful jQuery pagination feature
- Added ability to use a question as a title or heading
- added option to randomize the question answer order
- revamped quiz options page to make features more clear and even more accessible.
- added FAQ to readme.txt
HD Quiz 1.3.5
HD Quiz 1.3.0
- Added two new global options to About / Options page
- Next Button Text
- Finish Button Text
- NEW: Added quiz option to randomize the order of the questions
- NEW: Added quiz option to highlight the correct answers on completion
- in addition to the default that only shows if your selected answers are right or wrong
- Speed and compatibility improvements
- HD Quiz jQuery and CSS files will now only load if the page actually has a quiz on it
- improvements to quiz pagination
- General code cleanup and optimization
- Added new Timer option
- Added Pagination (experimental)
- Massive rewrite of the results function. Much more optimized and stable
- Added Quiz filter to the Questions list admin page
- New reskinning of Quiz options page
- Updated about / options page
HD Quiz 1.2
October 26 2015
- advancements to featured images for questions
- images will upscale if you upload a small image
- each answer can have it’s own featured image.
- code cosmetics, minor bug fixes, and code optimizations
HD Quiz 1.1
October 17 2015
This update contains code cleanup and extended social sharing.
- New option to share via twitter.
- You can set up your twitter handle to have each share mention you.
- Extended Facebook share.
- If you create a Facebook App (don’t worry, it’s easy to do!), then HD Quiz can actual share a users score and results instead of Facebook grabbing content from your page as if the content were static.
- If you do not wish to create an app, then HD Quiz will revert to the old facebook share.
- These options are global options and can be found under HD Quiz -> About / Options
Setup Facebook Share